>> Thursday, February 12, 2009
After a couple of videos, I feel more confident with my blogging ability. The latest video on the site is by far my favorite...why you may ask? You just have to watch to find out! And oh ya! Remember the Super Bowl with the 3d glasses? This is something close to that...only without the cool 3d effects... Hit the jump to access your "interactive device" for this weeks blog =)
1. The Lions Gate in Jerusalem is the beginning of the Via Dolorosa where Jesus was condemned to death. This is also the site of:
The Conversion of St. Paul
The Martyrdom of St. Stephen
The Assumption of Mary
The dance of King David before the Ark.
2. Tradition tells us that Jesus was a carpenter. He most likely made:
Tables and chairs
Doors and fences
Yokes and wheels
3. The oldest complete church in Christendom is:
Basilica of St. Peters
Church of the Nativity
Dome of the Rock
Church of the Holy Sepulcher
4. The Latin Vulgate was translated by St. Jerome in:
5. There were two miracles in Cana. The first was at the wedding feast. The second miracle was:
Healing the officials son
Healing the paralytic
Feeding the multitudes
Healing the Centurions slave
6. The tomb of Joseph of Arimathea that Jesus was buried in is located approximately _____ away from the site of the crucifixion.
7. The olive trees in the Garden of Gethsemane are approximately ____ years old according to carbon dating.
8. The Church of St. Peter in Gallicantu is the old house of Caiaphas where Jesus was tried by the Sanhedrin. There is a pit in the basement where Jesus was held for 7-8 hours. There is also a place where prisoners were flogged. This is the place of the Scourging at the Pillar.
9. Tradition tells us that the transfiguration took place on:
10. Bethlehem means:
City of the Star
Town of Peace
House of Bread